To support the Chair and Board in the achievement of Strategic objectives and act as a confidential sounding board to the Chair and Board whilst promoting good governance and to provide an efficient administration service to the Area, ensuring the Area functions smoothly and effectively. Be the main communication link between internal and external stakeholders embedding effective membership consultation.
Key Tasks of the Role
- Lead the operations of the Area effectively
Lead the organisation of the AGM, Board of Directors and Management Committee meetings, ensuring agendas and paperwork, minutes and key governance documents are up to date. Ensure the distribution of the right paperwork to relevant individuals in the organisation.
• Notify all members of the Board of Directors and the Management Committee of all meetings.
• Notify all members of the Annual General Meeting and General Meeting.
• Prepare and issue all agendas for and minutes of all Board of Directors
meetings, Management Committee meetings, Annual General Meeting and General Meeting any other ‘ad hoc’ meetings as required.
• Keep signed copies of all meeting minutes on file.
• Develop and implement processes to sustain and promote good corporate governance, keeping regulations and policies under review.
- Manage and maintain record keeping
Manage all inward and outward Area correspondence; manage all legal and insurance matters, in conjunction with other relevant members.
• Deal with all Area correspondence, distributing to relevant officers for response where required.
• To carry out or delegate all of the administrative duties thereby enabling the Area and its members to function effectively.
• Working alongside the Finance Director to maintain the register of members.
• Maintain statutory records and filings at Companies House.
- Maintain communication between other bodies
Communicate any important matters between England Hockey, Sub-Areas and clubs, demonstrating a thorough understanding of the rules of each respective body and provide all details as necessary to England Hockey and Sub-Areas.
Is this Role for you?
If you are a capable manager who gets things done through strong communication, IT and delegation skills, as well as experience in administration and meeting procedures, you could hold a high profile and highly respected post in your Area.