To be responsible for promoting good corporate governance and educating
members, embedding and documenting good practice within the Area. Supporting the promotion of a proactive approach to player welfare and safety. Ensuring the data management systems are used appropriately and that information is held safely and kept updated, to help contribute to the efficient running of the Area. Establish credibility with stakeholders, including local authorities and educational establishments and help to maintain the integrity of the England Hockey brand to attract potential sponsors.
Key Tasks of the Role
- Facilitate knowledge and understanding of good governance
Ensure all Board members understand what good corporate governance looks like and that the Area ensures appropriate measures are put in place and actions followed through relating to all governance expectations.
• Work with the Board and the Area to promote safeguarding, diversity and inclusion and ensure compliance with England Hockey’s rules and regulations in place.
• Act as the first point of contact for all children and adults where concerns about welfare, discrimination, poor practice or abuse are identified.
- Implement policies and strategies
Working with the Board, liaise with England Hockey to ensure the Area has adopted and implemented key policies. Utilise England Hockey’s SafeD policy and guidelines, work with other key personnel to support wider best practice and ensure that all policies are embedded within the Area’s delivery of activity. Make sure the Area is represented at National
meetings in relation to governance.
- Compliance and Reporting
Ensure that the Area complies with GDPR and has appropriate data sharing agreements in place. Ensure there is process in place to keep accurate records, monitor injuries and report incidents/injuries as they happen in line with England Hockey regulations.
• Ensure that where appropriate DBS checks are in place.
• Main point of contact for the data management IT system, liaising closely with sub areas, identifying Data Officer assistant (s) to ensure the Area always has someone who can keep data current.
• Administer and oversee appeals and complaints process.
Is this Role for you?
If you are familiar with the vision of the Area, well-respected, comfortable managing details in a careful and methodical manner with an appreciation of the importance of keeping accurate data records and good at managing people, you could hold a passionate role that will have a direct hand in improving the success of your Area, making sure that hockey is played in a safe and enjoyable environment with player welfare at the heart.