To manage the Area finances, contribute to strategic business planning and review and recommend financial policies and controls for the Area to enable appropriate management information is available to underpin Board decisions. Provide contributions as a Director to the Area Board of Directors.
Key Tasks of the Role
- Lead on all Area financial issues
Plan and monitor a budget each year; prepare and present the accounts for the end of year financial report and keep the Board of Directors informed of any trends and issues.
• Manage Area finances in accordance with the financial procedure regulations in place.
• Attend Area meetings and report on the Area finances.
• Primary signatory on Area account.
• To develop revenue streams in order to development of the Area, using its assets to their fullest potential.
- Manage financial transactions, membership and contracts. Prepare and submit any relevant statutory documents, including VAT, tax, grant reports, etc. Renew insurances annually and ensure the Area has received relevant affiliation fees. Working in conjunction with the Operations Director monitor membership subscriptions income. Working in conjunction with the Treasurer (or bookkeeper where appropriate) to manage all financial transactions in a timely
• Prepare annual accounts and be responsible for filing statutory financial accounts.
• Be responsible for financial planning, audit and produce and monitor an annual Budget.
• Record and monitor all transactions and ensure the standing committees maintain accurate records of income and expenditure.
- Monitor commercial activity
Deal will external partners including sponsors, coordinate timely payments and ensure that all appropriate documentation is obtained.
• To manage advertising and sponsorship activity for the Area, encouraging companies to support hockey in exchange for promoting their business.
Is this Role for you?
If you are a target driven person who is passionate about hockey with a business mindset, financially knowledgeable, with skills covering accounting, VAT returns, PAYE with accurate record-keeping, computer and numerical skills, with a meticulous and efficient manner, you could fulfil a respected role in the Area and provide a vital service.