To provide vision, leadership and business planning to lead and develop all aspects of the Area, from playing and development to running the administration and fundraising. Ensuring that support for succession planning is in place, for the benefit of all.
Key Tasks of the Role
- Lead Area meetings
Chair Area Board and Management Committee meetings. Attend (if required) any SubCommittee meetings concerning key policies and facilitate any Special/Annual General
Meetings, working closely with the Operations Director to prepare
the agendas, minutes, and Annual Reports for these meetings.
• Set the Board agenda and provide leadership for the Board and Area.
• Ensure the effectiveness of the Board and that Directors receive accurate, timely and
• Ensure Board’s decisions are implemented.
• Act as Chair at meetings and the AGM.
• Provide an unbiased view on discussions and casting vote on any unresolved issues.
• Lead the creation of your Area plan.
- Implement policies and strategies and key governance functions
• Ensure that the Area is aligned to relevant rules and regulations and support the
development of updated policy where appropriate.
• Ensure the Area complies with the necessary governance responsibilities including
AGMs and responsibilities as a limited company.
- Ensure Area representation
Make sure the Area is represented at National meetings.
• Attend and contribute to the Area Standing committee.
• Attend the England Hockey AGM and any other key consultation meetings.
• Engage with clubs and other local hockey organisations as required to ensure the
views of the membership of the Area is heard in decision making.
Is this Role for you?
If you are a charismatic and inspiring leader with experience in effective management and business administration (including running companies), strong communication skills, and a diplomatic and discreet manner, you could hold the most prestigious, highly respected and incredibly rewarding position within the Area, ensuring that the Area reaches its full potential.